So. In that vein, below you will find some specific goals that I am attempting to achieve this year. I think I'd rather make goals than "resolve" to do something… One seems so much more concrete while the other is rather vague and wishy-washy… Maybe that's another reason why I have issues with resolutions. Hmmm…
Without further ado:
1) To participate in 2 Craft Fairs/Trunk Shows.
2) To develop a body of work that includes 150 pieces/items for sale, including garments, polymer clay items, and art pieces.
3) To enter a Wearable Art show.
4) To create 2 Art Exhibitions/Shows or enter my work into 2 juried Art Exhibitions.
5) To go to "Market" in Los Angeles and investigate what it's like.
6) To join professional organizations that lend themselves to my discipline--wearable art, art, and crafts.
7) To investigate the San Diego Art scene and community by attending exhibitions, openings, and asking questions at art fairs.
8) To create a stronger sense of community around myself by posting more open and engaging posts to my blog in a more regular fashion, investigating artist-oriented community websites and forums, and commenting more regularly on the blogs I am subscribed to.
9) To explore local boutique and retail spaces, finding out what it takes to sell my work in those venues.
10) To cut down on my television and computer habits by more carefully monitoring my time spent using them, recognizing when I am using them as a crutch, and replacing the habit with something more constructive.
Overall, I am trying to become more engaged in my chosen career as an artist. I think my year of "naiveté" must come to a close, and I must either sink or swim.
I'm trepidatious, but I am also deeply excited. I am cautiously optimistic, and childishly reckless at the same time.
And I have a lot of work to do. So. I gotta go. Time to put my nose to the grindstone. : )
Until next time, Live Life with Relish!