The development of the vest is happening fast now, folks! I have cut out the pieces of the vest itself, assembled the outer layer (not the lining) and provided some finishing touches to the center front panels on the suggestion of my partner.
I concocted a very watered down ecru fabric paint mixed with a bit of "clear extender" medium in it. I then brushed it along the outer edges of the pattern, pulling it in toward the middle a bit, making each of the thicker-piled patterned areas stand out from the lower-piled background.
This provided just enough shading to bring out the details in the fabric and created an interesting texture to boot.
While I was at it, I used some of the same dye to start to distress the eyelette ruffle that's attached to the cape. Turned out appropriately dingy and aged to match the rayon venetian lace!
So that's how far I got yesterday! More this afternoon! : )
Live Life with Relish!